Monday, March 14, 2005

Escape with Jane

G'morning ladies! I'm finally back in the office and am up to my ears in e-mail, voice mail, and regular old mail that piled up in my absence. So what do I do? Make myself some tea and check our blog. (I consider it a mental health moment before plunging into the day's tasks.)

Anywho, while I'm here, I wanted to alert those of you who are devoted fans of Jane (as in Austen) of a sweepstakes through A&E (the distributors of the lovely 5-hour P&P film) to win a trip to Jane Austen's England. [Allison, I can see you rolling your eyes, partly because this involves Jane (whom I was shocked to learn yesterday that you have never actually read--GASP!) and partly because it's a drawing, but you know better than anyone here that somebody has to win, and oddly enough, it's often me!]

So, if anyone else would like to tempt the odds, click here . (You can enter once daily, if you're really excited about it.)

4 comments:

hmb said...

suzanne, i have logged in and signed up. and i WILL sign up every day...

suz said...

Heather, thank you for validating both my frenzied love for everything Jane and my naive hope in sweepstakes. Another fun tip: now in bookstores you'll find "Jane Austen's Guide to Dating." I admit I picked it up while on vacation and read most of it on the plane home - amusing and surprising practical, if you ignore all the references (and occasional encouragement) to casual sex and cohabitation. The best part is a quiz in the back to find out which Austen character you are most like in relationships. I am Jane Bennett, Allison is Elizabeth Bennett, and Lynn (whom I quizzed on the way to the airport in VA), has a streak of Mary Crawford. :)

C+J=S said...

HEy we just got your sunny postcard :) Thanks girlie! I miss you are you coming to visit soon? (hehe) I too plan on signing up for the contest-- I would like to go to Bath, and I would like to know what character I am (I want to be Elizabeth of course!)

suz said...

Alas, now that we have hit May the contest is over. All that is left is to hold our breath, think lovely thoughts of England, and send telepathic messages to the choosers of the winner saying, "I am a loyal and true Jane-ite!! Pick me! Pick me!"