Wednesday, March 23, 2005

My book has arrived..

Just yesterday, my book finally arrived via Media Mail...I stormed into my apartment, ripped open the envelope, and thrust my book towards the high heavens, crying out, "Praise you LORD, for the book club."

Then I immediately tossed it only my stack of unread books, where it would have to wait until morning to be touched.

This morning, I read ten of its bright, crisp pages, and my heart was all a-flutter...I thought--"I...I...am a part of something very wonderful in the reading of this book."

I am curious, what emotions you have experienced at the first arrival of YOUR book?

1 comment:

C+J=S said...

I spent the first day with my book attmepting to pronounce Ngugi's full name. It was an enjoyable experience, however, I do not know if I am correct. Hmb- I am now IN on my cell and can talk anytime :) Perhaps we should discuss the correct pronunciation :) I am just getting started but totally enjoying it ! My other reaction was to try an find out who Ngugi is--very cool!